A few days ago, Girls' Frontline JP changed their name to Dolls' Frontline (ドールズフロントライン) due to trademark issues. The Girls' Frontline owner transferred the rights to another company. Here's their Twitter statement.
It seems Dolls' Frontline might be a temporary name because the staff doesn't want to delay the Japan server launch any further. Also, 4Gamer did some deeper digging and found out it was a shell company who took the new ownership for the Girls' Frontline trademark in Japan.
As for my thoughts, I think "Dolls' Frontline" is a decent name. But, I'll still call it "Girls' Frontline" (少女前線) since I've been mainly on the EN server anyway. Hopefully, Mica Team can recover the name in the future.
- Related Entries
- Girls' Frontline KR 1st Anniversary Videos
- Girls' Frontline UMP45's and UMP9's Dino Adventure Meme
- Girls' Frontline Chinese Anime Shorts Episodes 1-3
- Dolls' Frontline JP Niconico Live Stream Archived Info
- Girls' Frontline Anime Expo 2018 Booth Got Mobbed
- Girls' Frontline Operation Rabbit Hunt T-Dolls